What is this Project?
My plan is to come up with a text-based RPG that stretches story over gameplay and cool graphics. The catch? It’s all in batch, which will challenge me to create cool systems for a rudimentary game engine.
- Music Player – [Done]
- Basic Text Input/Output (For making performing basic actions that trigger things or simple games) – [Done]
- Realtime Key Press Input/Output (For more advanced realtime games or events like Snake or Tetris) – [Not Done]
- Storyboarding – [Almost Done]
- Music – [Done]
- Graphics Engine (It’s possible to make a font made of pixel grids and then to use them to create very rudimentary (or complex!) graphics, but I have no idea how to actually do that, I’ve only seen screenshots of what people can do.) – [Not Done]
- Multicolor ASCII art engine. [Done]
There’s still a long ways to go, but I’m looking forward to rolling out a demo/alpha somewhere in mid-December.